UNO PRSSA is the University of Nebraska at Omaha chapter of PRSSA sponsored by the School of Communication and the College of Communication, Fine Arts and Media.
About UNO PRSSA
- Network with professionals in your community for key contacts in finding the best internships and jobs.
- Take part in professional development conferences, seminars and workshops to learn best practices from the pros.
- Apply for a wide range of national scholarships and internship opportunities—more than $20,000 worth of scholarships awarded annually.
- Participate in state and national PR competitions that provide invaluable experience to build your portfolio and earn recognition and cash awards for your chapter.
- Take part in service projects where you learn PR by doing and give back to your community.
Meet the Board
The executive board is key to making the chapter run properly. Each position is essential to the efficiency of meetings, service projects and campaigns.
Goal: To become a PR professional for a celebrity.
Vice President of Finance
Goal: To enjoy life so that it feels like he doesn't have to work a day.
Vice President of Publications
Goal: To work as a copywriter in an ad agency in Omaha and to continually work to be a better human.
Vice President of Communications
Goal: To work for a Fortune 500 company.
Vice President of Public Relations
Goal: To pursue job at Holland and Basham Architecture as a marketing director.
Vice President of Creative Services
Goal: To be a graphic designer at a creative studio like Secret Penguin or Grain & Mortar.
Vice President of Member Services
Goal: To be an event planner for a business that shares her same values and ethics.
Vice President of Archives
Goal: To work for a local Omaha nonprofit.
Vice President of Digital Services
Goal: To do broadcast news for E!