MaverickPR is a student-run public relations firm nationally affiliated with the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
Who Are We?
- Founded in January 2007.
- Sponsored by the School of Communication & the College of Communication Fine Arts & Media.
- Supervised by Faculty Adviser, Karen Weber
- Run by a Firm Director, Assistant Firm Director & Social Media Director.
- Open to junior & senior UNO students with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Students acquire experience through internships & professional development.
What We Do?
- Offer students the opportunity to get “real world” public relations experience.
- Work with a variety of campus, community nonprofits & small business clients.
- Research, plan, implement & evaluate strategic plans.
- Research, plan, implement & evaluate promotional plans & tactics.
- Research fundraising opportunities.
- Create & implement special events.
- Implement media relations tactics.
- Train clients to work with the media.
- Plan & execute social media strategies.
- Write news releases, news alerts, fact sheets, backgrounders, speeches & Power Point presentations.
- Design and produce logos, brochures, posters & media kits.
- Produce radio PSAs & videos.
Meet the Board
The MaverickPR Executive Board has key roles that contribute to the growth of this student-run firm. Each role works to make sure the firm is producing quality projects while building strong, employable associates.
Assistant Firm Director
Social Media Director
Take a look at MaverickPR's portfolio for 2016. Clients included MACCH, Sozo Coffeehouse, the Omaha Airport Authority, Marco LeRoc and more.
Interested in MaverickPR?
Apply to join the MaverickPR team to build your resume and gain strong work experience.
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Submit a resume
- Submit two examples of work (i.e. writing, graphic design, video)